Owing to physiological and physiological reasons, your sex drive may not be what it used to be. You may have been pulled in many directions and led down many different roads while searching for answers to your low libido.
Unfortunately, there is no one thing that can justifiably claim the spot of the ultimate female libido booster. The bright side is, there are many proven methods that, when stacked together, yield impressive results. So let’s jump right in and look at these effective strategies you can use to get your mojo back on track.
1. Libido Boosting Fruits That Aren’t Forbidden
Even though the scientific community is yet to understand the effectiveness of fruits as a female libido booster, fruits, such as figs, avocados, and bananas boost sex drive.
Make fruits a part of your daily diet by composing one meal a day consisting of three different fruits. While picking the fruits, go for different colors.
Time this meal before intercourse. In this way, you’ll benefit from the high-energy content in fruits without feeling too full to make love. You can even keep a fruit bowl on your bedside table.
2. Chocolate: An Excellent Female Libido Booster
Nothing is more delectable than a dessert oozing with chocolate. Chocolate enhances your sex drive by triggering a serotonin release. Serotoninis a hormone that creates a sense of pleasure and happiness; thus, chocolates are useful to boost women’s libido.
You can use chocolate syrup as a part of the foreplay or use chocolate syrup to dress the fruit bowl that you’ll eat before sex.
3. Explore the Sensual Benefits of Garlic You Don’t Want to Miss
Garlic contains the chemical allicin. Allicin, a natural blood thinner, increases the blood flow in your body, including your sex organs, such as the vagina and breasts. This is a strong reason why you should cook with more garlic.
Use garlic in its raw form as much as you can, because cooking garlic decreases its nutritional value. Be cautious of using too much garlic, some people find that strong smells turn them off.
4. Common Pitfalls You Must Avoid
A poor self-image can hold you back from having sex. If you feel the way you look stands in the way of a healthy sex life, take control.
Examine your diet and eliminate foods that are harming you. Substitute the foods that you eliminated with healthy alternatives. Make exercising three to four days a part of your weekly routine. Enrollin someyoga classes to improve your tone and flexibility.
A small shift in the right direction has a tremendously positive effect on your self-esteem. This boost in confidence will definitely enhance your sex drive and improve the quality of your sex life.
5. To Drink Or Not To Drink: The Truth About Alcohol
Alcohol helps you loosen up by reducing your inhibitions, leaving you more open to trying new moves on the bed. It is important to remember, though, too much of it dulls your senses and reduces your ability to feel pleasure.
To cash in on the libido-boosting benefits, while staying away from the bad stuff, exercise moderation. One glass of wine is ideal. Picture drinking a glass of wine with your partner, while unwinding in a relaxing bath. Throw in some mood lighting for good measure, and you have the perfect prelude to passionate lovemaking.
6. When Timeout is Over and Playtime Begins
Take up a sport, even if you’re not the athletic kind. The benefits of playing a sport, as a female libido booster, are numerous, and some of them are as follows:
- Playing sports increases your functional strength, endurance, and flexibility, thereby improving your ability to handle the physical demands of intercourse.
- Sports helps you deal with stress and reduce cortisol levels. Cortisol is a hormone that temporarily boosts your capacity to deal with threats at the expense of other biological functions, including sex drive.
- As you get better at playing a sport, your confidence level and self-image increases.
- Participating in sporting activities causes you to adopt a more physical lifestyle. Thus, you’re less likely to put off sex because of its physical rigor.
- Sports also give you adequate exercise, helps you manage your weight, and improves your physical appearance.
Additionally, if you can find a sport that you and your partner can play together, you can use the time to bond and deepen your relationship.
7. Use Meditation to Find Your Center and Boost Your Sex Drive
The health of your sex life is a function of the overall health of your relationship. Strife, resulting from frequent arguments, stands in the way of enjoying the pleasures of sexual communion between man and woman.
You can bring forth more calmness and understanding in your relationship by meditating every day. Contrary to commonly held beliefs, learning meditation isn’t hard.
There are guided meditation tracks that can get you started immediately. If you want a deeper understanding of the subject, enroll yourself ina beginner’s meditation class or read books on meditation. To get you started, Passage Meditation by Eknath Easwaran is an excellent book for meditation newbies.
8. You Can’t Do Your Best Without Enough Rest
If you’re like most people, you prefer having sex at night. The problem here is that your preferred time is close to bedtime. If you’re not well rested, you might go to bed with the intention to make love, but end up feeling too sleepy to do so.
A few ways to work around this are as follows:
- Have sex before dinner. By putting an important activity between sex and sleep, you make it difficult for sleep to interfere with sex.
- Make love with the lights on. Leaving the lights on makes it difficult to go to sleep.
- Change your location. Instead of having sex on the bed, have sex on the floor or a couch.
- Change the configuration. Create different arrangements for sleeping and having sex.
Above all, make it a habit to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. Sleep is essential for your body to restore physiological balance and to maintain a healthy libido.
9. Don’t Let Troubles Brew in Your Relationship
Leaving conflicts unresolved causes emotional tension to build up. This leads to loss of intimacy. As a result, your sex drive plummets. Clear and honest communication helps resolve this predicament.
If you’re not sure how to do this, books on the subject, such as Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, can teach you more about the differences in how men and women approach a relationship. With this new understanding, you can learn to appreciate and accept your partner, and deal with conflict in a healthy manner.
Begin with the firm belief that good communication can solve all your problems, and thereafter, tackle all your woes one at a time.
10. Use a Journal to Figure Out What’s Messing Up Your Sex Life
Journaling is an amazing tool you can use to monitor your progress. You can maintain an online journal if you’re concerned about the privacy.
In your journal, write down the date followed by any thoughts you have on the subject of sex and intimacy. Don’t hold back and don’t be afraid of getting personal. No one is going to read this journal except you. Aim to capture highs and lows, along with any surprising turn of events.
It is especially important to make entries on the days you have sex. Your entry should indicate your level of satisfaction or pleasure. One way to do this is using a color code like this.
- R – red for terrible
- Y – yellow for average
- G – Green for good
- B – Blue for the best ever
Alternatively, you can use a grading system using letters, such as A, B, C, D, and E.
You can also use your journal to track the results of methods you’re experimenting with. The journal will reveal whether the women libido booster technique is working or not.
11. Don’t Miss Out on This Potent Female Libido Enhancer
Yoga is a system of disciplines that include breath control, meditation and adoption of various body postures. Practicing yoga, a powerful female libido enhancer, contributes directly to enhancing female sex drive in the following ways:
- Increases your flexibility, making it easier for you to use advanced sex positions.
- Strengthens your body, preventing injuries.
- Enhances your endurance, allowing you to extend the duration and increase the intensity of your intercourse.
- Tones your body, improving your physical appearance.
- Increases blood flow to your sex organs, making your orgasms more powerful.
- Familiarized you with your body, helping you get in touch with your sexuality.
Yoga also slows down aging and helps you retain your youth. The advantages of yoga are too good to ignore. So sign up for a yoga class near you. If you’re overweight and concerned about not being flexible enough, don’t worry – a qualified instructor can teach you positions that are suitably modified to address your concern.
12. Tactile Lovemaking: You’ll Just Love Its Benefits
The middle layer of your skin, called the dermis, contains nerve endings that convey a sense of pleasure and pain to your brain. In certain regions, such as behind the neck, breasts, inner thighs, lower vagina and navel, these nerve endings are clustered within a small region. Touching these regions promote the release of oxytocin, a hormone that enhances a woman’s sex drive.
Therefore, embracing tactile elements of lovemaking can boost your libido dramatically. While having sex, use positions that involve a lot of skin contact. Even while not making love, frequent caresses and loving strokes help maintain your sex drive.
So, if you’re not getting enough skin contact throughout the day, making this small change can make a big difference.
13. The Food Connection: Role of Micronutrients That Increase Female Libido
Micronutrients, such as iron, zinc, and magnesium, increase female libido and play a vital role in maintaining a healthy sex life.
- Iron impacts sexual desire, arousal, lubrication and ability to have an orgasm. Nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, clams, beef, lamb, and whole grains are excellent natural sources of iron.
- Zinc the production of testosterone, a hormone that promotes a healthy libido. You can get your daily quota of zinc from sources such as meat, poultry, legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains, and fortified breakfast cereal.
- Magnesium makes higher quantities of testosterone available in the bloodstream. Fish, soybeans, dark green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, bananas, and avocado are all rich in this mineral.
Although your diet may have enough macronutrients, you need to ensure the micronutrients are also present in sufficient quantities. If your present diet does not consist of fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, and legumes, modify your diet to include these nutritious foods.
14. Play the Part to Live the Part
You have, no doubt, heard the phrase, “Fake it until you make it.” So, if you’re looking to enhance your libido, imagining that your libido has already increased, in many cases, works well as female libido enhancers.
You can do this by dressing the part. Shop for sexy and sensuous lingerie that showcases your body in the right light. Surprise and delight your partner by popping up in an outfit that screams sexy.
While dressing up for sex, remember that you need to feel sexy in order to be sexy. If you have any self-limiting beliefs about your body, work on vanquishing those beliefs. Learn to feel comfortable looking naked.
Program yourself to embrace your body as it is by using affirmations and positive self-talk. When you learn to embrace your body will take better care of it, and as a result, you will start looking and feeling better. This, in turn, causes you to love your body even more, initiating a virtuous cycle.
15. Cultivate a Student’s Mindset
People learn lessons on relationship management and sex experimentally in an informal and unstructured manner. Consequently, our education in this regard does not compare to the training we received in other aspects of our life. That is why it is important for you to continue educating yourself in this regard.
An excellent place to start is by learning new sex positions. Instructional literature and videos are available to those who want to expand their repertoire of sex moves. Learning and mastering new moves, keeps sex interesting and leaves you looking for opportunities to try new things, kindling female sexual desire.
Also, read erotic literature and watch erotic fiction to identify things you would like to try with your partner. In fact, you can have a to-do list of sexual pursuits. For most women, letting your imagination go wild works as well as any pharmaceutical issued female libido drug.
16. Don’t Be Afraid to Mix Things Up
Aspects of intercourse, such as oral sex and foreplay, do not get the attention they deserve. Have a healthy mix of all elements of sex while making love to your partner.
Let your partner know where to go, how long to stay, and when to move. Be vocal about your experience as your partner stimulates your body in different ways. When it’s your turn, get constant feedback from your partner about your sexual initiatives.
Do not make assumptions about what your partner likes, and do not make your partner guess your preferences, either. Also, recognize that likes and dislikes evolve. So always, keep the communication channels open and going.
17. What to Do When Libido Boosters Don’t Seem to Work
There are many things you can do to deal with low libido.; however, if you continue to see zero improvement in your sex drive, despite having tried the libido boosters mentioned here, you might have to see your doctor. You will undergo an examination and some tests to rule out anything serious.
If your doctor finds you healthy, they may recommend a sex specialist. Before you see a specialist, write down the specifics, such as frequency of sex, and level of satisfaction post intercourse, of your problem. Talking to someone about your sex life can be challenging, and you’ll need your notes to give the specialist the required inputs.
If you see yourself wanting to take female libido supplements, like say the female Viagra, to enhance your sex drive, consult a medical practitioner before you do so. Be sure to let them know about any medications and supplements you take, even if they’re over the counter.
18. Give The Method Time to Work
Unfortunately, there is no universal cure to low libido. What works well for one person may produce no results for someone else.
Don’t make premature judgment calls on anything without trying it. Make sure you give each method enough time to work. For instance, don’t stop meditating after four days because you didn’t see any immediate results.
Two weeks is a good time frame to check the effectiveness of any given method. If you’re sure it is not working after using it for two to three weeks, you can move on to something else.
What Makes an Effective Female Libido Booster?
The answer, in short, is what’s best is what works best for you. Try the above approaches in isolation or in combination. With a little experimentation and some time, you can build an arsenal of libido boosters that may combat and defeat your low sex drive forever.